PDO Threads are one of the most popular and highly effective non-surgical means to lift & tighten loose, sagging skin tissues as well dissolve small areas of fat on the lower face and body. PDO (polydioxanone) is a synthetic fiber widely used in areas of medicine such as general surgery and cardiology. In aesthetics, the threads help to lift sagging skin as well as stimulate new collagen - your own natural collagen. Another interesting effect of the threads are their ability to induce lipolysis (fat cell death) which is quite effective in treating facial and body stubborn fat areas as well as inducing collagen and tightening the skin.
There are two basic types of threads. Small threads measure a few centimeters that be placed virtually anywhere The other type is called a “Cogs” which are approximately 6-12cm in length and have small hooks on them that grip the skin and allow for pulling the skin against gravity. The Cogs are inserted in the skin via a blunt cannula (a technique we’ve been performing with dermal fillers for years) by making a small hole with a normal needle in the skin first. Both types of threads are made of PDO which is the same material used in normal surgical face lift surgery however, now we are able to perform the procedure without any incisions, general anesthesia while you’re awake and talking to us comfortably under local anesthetic. The PDO threads are strong, non-allergenic and fully biodegradable and will dissolve over 6 months but producing enough collagen and tightness to last many years.
• Round, Sagging Face - Non Surgical Face Lift
• Jowls (moderate to severe)
• Nasolabial Folds (moderate to severe)
• Marionette Lines (moderate to severe)
• Brow / Forehead Lift for Droopy Eyebrows (any degree of drooping)
• Increase Collagen (Under Eye Circles, Cheeks, Nasolabial Folds, Skin Furrows)
• Improving Skin Texture (Wrinkles, Pigmentation, Pores and Laxity)
• Neck & Cleavage Skin Furrows